Information About New Orleans April 12th and 13th, 2018 MTSS/RtI Conference
In conjunction with the the Louisiana State University Human Sciences Human Development Center (LSUHDC), Data-Based Conferences will be bringing our team of national experts to back to New Orleans on Thursday and Friday, April 12th and 13th, 2018. This conference will be our 4th in New Orleans, where we routinely attract 300 educators from across the country to learn about pragmatic and research-based practices within a Multi-Tier System of Supports (MTSS) and Response to Intervention.
This year, we've expanded our team of national experts to include Drs. Clayton Cook, Alisia Moutry, Ramel Smith, and Frank Gresham to provide you "something new"--expansions of last year's MTSS content in:
- trauma-related evidence-based mental health interventions,
- diversity in team building, and
- severe disruptive behavior.
We also promise something "old," our core group of nationally recognized experts (Jack Fletcher, Mark R. Shinn, Alan Coulter, Kim Gibbons, and Nancy Marchand Martella) with updated content for 2018--critical features to support high quality implementation such as:
- identification and treatment of dyslexia,
- research-based language arts interventions across tiers,
- how to strength your core language arts curriculum,
- practical basic skills screening,
- progress monitoring,
- MTSS and special education decision making, and
- lessons learned in successful implementation.
Attendees will be able to participate in selected whole group Keynote sessions as well as select Break Out sessions related to their own interests and needs.
This year, we are also offering sessions guided by our experts specifically designed to customize your "strategic doing" (aka planning for changes) in 2018-19. You'll leave New Orleans with a written plan you can be accountable for.
Due to space limitations, we will cap attendance at 300. Register early. We already have more than 30 attendees registered!