Key Information about Our Midwest (Naperville, IL) MTSS/RTI Conference
Illinois and the Midwest historically have been among the nation's leaders in implementing Multi-Tier System of Supports (MTSS) or Response to Intervention (RTI). Our team of national experts in research and practice wants to help you get to the next level of implementation, based on "lessons learned" in more than 30 years of practice and gains in the professional literature about "what works." In conjunction with the School Psychology Program at Northern Illinois University, we will be bringing to you a version of the conferences we have hosted in New Orleans for 4 years and our recent partnerships with state departments of education in Nebraska and Oklahoma.
On Monday and Tuesday, May 21st and 22nd, our team of national experts (Drs. Randy Sprick, Mark R. Shinn, Robert Pasternack, Alan Coulter, Kim Gibbons, and Nancy Marchand Martella) will work with you bring "something new" to your current efforts, including:
- research-based reading instruction and intervention across Tiers,
- strengthening your core language arts program,
- dyslexia and issues in identifiation and treatment of reading difficulties, and
- more scientifically sound and practical screening and progress monitoring practices to promote proactive MTSS design.
We also promise something "familiar" to many Midwesterners, with key attention to lessons learned in to make MTSS more successful, including
- creating positive school climate and behavior supports across tiers and especially within the classroom
- more efficient teams and teaming,
- secondary implementation,
- assessing fidelity of implementation, and
- the roles of leadership from the school to the district level.
Attendees will be able to participate in Keynote sessions and Break Out sessions related to their own interests.
We will also be offering sessions guided by our experts specifically designed to customize your "strategic doing" (aka planning for changes) in 2018-19. You will leave the conference with a written plan you can be accountable for. Join us.
Due to space limitations, we will cap attendance at 300. Register early. We already have attendees!